Monday, April 9, 2007

The Doctor is In


When is Dr. Dre going to be recognized for how influential he was in the rap game, thus, opening the door to the future of hip-hop. I mean, in 1992/1993...when the Chronic dropped....I was only an 11 year old white kid from the suburbs...but there wasn't anything I wanted more than to live the lives of Dre and Snoop as they threw sick house parties, drank entire refrigerators full of 40's, and enjoyed stupid amounts of the sickest green that God's sweet earth had to offer. They were P.I.M.P.S.! Snoop would probably be whacked out of his mind in a crack house right now if Dr. Dre hadn't thrown him on all those hot tracks on the Chronic. Warren G, Nate Dogg....who knows where these misfits would be. It's all about the Doctor. The Doctor is in! I'm talkin' slow bass beats, synthesizers, and laid back rappin'. This album changed music forever. It is hands down one of the most influential records of all time....there's no denying it.

Gimme the microphone first, so I can bust like a bubble -
Compton and Long Beach together, now you know you in trouble -
Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baaaaabay!
Two loc'ed out G's so we're craaaaazay!
Death Row is the label that paaaaays me!
Unfadeable, so please don't try to fade this (Hell yeah).


-Nuthin' But a G Thang

No comments: