Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mike Conley Hasn't Reached Balla Status Yet


To date, I've made it very clear that Mike Conley, Jr. is my favorite player in this draft. I love watching him play. His game is so fundamental...so effortless. When we look back on this draft, Mike Conley will be remembered as the third best player from this year's draft class.

Anyways, all of that is besides the point right now. The point of this blog is that Conley, Jr. recently got a little (or a lot, depending on how you want to look at it) ahead of himself. In Conley's recent blog, he inked the following:

"On the way to the airport something crazy happened to me. I was listening to this song called 'Joke's on You' which is on the new CD by Fabolous, when out of nowhere it sounded like he said my name. I sat there for a minute and thought to myself that I didn't just hear what I thought I heard. So I rewinded it a couple of times to make sure and I found that he definitely used my name in the song. I never thought that my name would ever be used in a song, especially not one by Fabolous. The first person that I called was Greg Oden so I could brag to him. He didn't believe me until he heard it for himself."

You can listen to the song here.

Well, Mike...I'm hear to drop a bomb on you -- Pusha T never mentions your name in the song. Instead, the name he drops is actually that of MIKE COLLIER (at the 2:32 mark of the track)! The entire track is about comedians, which is Collier's exact profession.

No comments: