Sunday, June 17, 2007

Chieftain's 2007 NBA Mock Draft (Version 1.0)


As the 2007 NBA Draft is fast approaching (June 28th), now is as good a time as any to unveil my initial Mock Draft (lottery teams). As there are sure to be trades and/or additional free agent rumors leading up to draft, I will complete my final Mock Draft (entire 1st Round) as the moment of truth nears.

In the end, I fully expect my mock draft to outperform the world. Chad Ford and all his contacts have absolutely nothing on me!! I have keenly dissected every team's current roster and their team needs. It's disturbing how much effort I have put into this.

Without further ado, here is my breakdown of how I project the lottery to unfold as of today (not necessarily what I think each team SHOULD do, but I think they WILL do -- big difference)...

1. Portland - Greg Oden, Ohio State
2. Seattle - Kevin Durant, Texas
3. Atlanta - Brandan Wright, Noth Carolina
4. Memphis - Mike Conley, Jr., Ohio State
5. Boston - Al Horford, Florida
6. Milwaukee - Julian Wright, Kansas
7. Minnesota - Corey Brewer, Florida
8. Charlotte - Joakim Noah, Florida
9. Chicago - Yi Jianlian, Guangdong Tigers (China)
10. Sacramento - Jeff Green, Georgetown
11. Atlanta - Javaris Crittenton, Georgia Tech
12. Philadelphia - Spencer Hawes, Washington
13. New Orleans - Al Thornton, Florida State
14. LA Clippers - Acie Law, Texas A&M


...To see my original draft lottery thoughts/prognosis from April 14th, see below link:

1 comment:

Chieftain said...

The more I stress about this upcoming draft, the more I realize that Corey Brewer and Spencer Hawes (especially) are the two wild cards in this draft.

Granted, my final mock draft is going to change before now and June 28th...but, I feel inclined to put forth another alignment (that's a very real possibility) -- mainly b/c many mock drafts will be unveiled all this week (and I don't want to be accused of ever copying another man's work).

1. Oden
2. Durant
3. B. Wright
4. Horford
5. Brewer
6. Conley
7. Hawes
8. Noah
9. Jianlian
10. Green
11. Crittenton
12. J. Wright
13. Thornton
14. Law

I'm also very torn on Julian Wright & Jeff Green -- they could flip-flop a lot in the coming days.