Saturday, May 19, 2007

MAY 22ND CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH


The NBA Draft Lottery is a mere 3 days away! I cannot stop thinking about it. I'm obsessed with the end result of some random ping-pong balls. I'm walking around in a cold sweat this weekend. It's actually becoming a problem.

As I'll be in NYC during this announcement, the lottery determination could very well send me over the George Washington Bridge. I love the NBA. I love the Celtics. I will cry if they don't land a top 2 pick in this upcoming draft.

To be completely honest, I will not be fully satisfied if the Celts land the #2 pick (Durant). I WILL ONLY BE (ENTIRELY) SATISFIED WITH MR. GREG ODEN, the next Celtic Hall-of-Famer.

If the C's land Durant, they MUST trade Paul Pierce ASAP. Durant is better suited to immediately contribute than Oden, but Durant is not going to elevate the Celtics to an elite level. As good as he was this past year, he failed to push Texas into the Sweet 16 (unlike Carmelo, he doesn't make players around him better). Durant needs the ball in his hands to dominate -- he needs an offense to be dictated around him. He is terrible when moving without the ball...TERRIBLE. Problem is, Paul Pierce also NEEDS the ball. You think Pierce is going to defer to the 18-year-old??? No chance!

Oden should make the All-NBA Defensive team as a rookie. By his 4th season, he will be the best center in the world (yes, better than Yao...and better than Stoudemire, who has no clue how to play man-to-man defense).

For the past 4 months, I have gone to bed dreaming of an alignment consisting of Oden and Big Al in the Celtics' frontcourt for the next decade. Call it gay, call it what you want...but, this vision alone has gotten me excited on many occasions. I'm becoming giddy as I write this. I want the Celtics to be relevant again.

19.9% CHANCE AT ODEN.

I'm on my way to church...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dreaming of Oden....pretty gay.

Simply Suds said...

Hey, if you wanna dream of Oden, that's your cup of tea. I dream of genie.

Anonymous said...

how can a guy who likes the colts and the yanks like the celtics? get your teams straight...the c's dont need another fairweather fan...go root for steve francis and the lowly knicks

Chieftain said...

Not a Colts fan by any stretch of the imagination. Not at all. I'm a Giants fan that has immense respect for Peyton Manning.

As far as a "fairweather Celtics fan", how does that make any sense??? They are terrible. I very well may be the biggest C's supporter in New England. And, I'm DEFINITELY the President of the Ryan Gomes Fan Club (and that's been ongoing for 6+ years).