Monday, May 14, 2007

Get Off Griffey's Jock



This past Saturday, a random Dodgers fan engaged in some serious smack talk with none other than Ken Griffey, Jr. According to "Dodger Town Griff's" (the fan in question) Myspace blog, the exchange went as follows...

Last night at the Dodger game we sat right next to Cincinnati's dugout, 4th row box. They are by far the best seats I've had for a game. We were getting eye contact from all the players, when I decided I would give the Dodgers an extra edge...I was going to try and get in Ken Griffey Jr's head a little bit. He had to walk right by us to get to the dugout and I just couldn't help myself. So I started with the basics: YOU SUCK..SHOULDN'T YOU BE ON THE DL...TOO OLD FOR CENTER....that kind of stuff. Well, by the 2nd inning he was looking right at me, giving me the looks. When he walks in from the 6th inning, he decided he had enough and came over to talk some smack. He called me some fat references, which was hilarious and then he told me I couldnt touch the threads on his jock...

I then told him to show me what he's got, that he talks a big game, and then I told him to limp back to the dugout where he belongs...and I even said some things about his Mom. I told him I might be fat, but I could still play center field. It was an incredible exchange to say the least. After the 6th inning, he walks out and stops to talk to me, holding a brown paper bag in his hand. He motions to throw it to me and I told him no, I know that trick. He laughs and says catch it, so I put up my hands and he tosses it over. He wouldn't leave until I opened it and when I finally did, the whole place erupted with laughter. Griffey threw me his jock...

If I weren't hangin' with Lytedogg on Saturday night, I would be convinced that "Dodger Town Griff" is, indeed, Lytedogg. They are identical...dead-on...it's weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that lytle?

Anonymous said...

It's never iffy, if it's Griffey. God bless the 89 Upper Deck that's worth as much as my grundle sweat right now.