Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ichiro Is 'Out To Lunch'


In a rare interview with Ichiro, USA Today's Jon Saraceno captured the following gems:

"Once I turn 40, I can become a pitcher. I'm kind of serious about it. But I'll have to learn to throw a knuckleball. Right now, I could be a normal pitcher, who can top out at 95 mph with a fastball."

On Tiger Woods' athleticism..."Tiger is a great golfer, but ... when you say athlete, I think of Carl Lewis. When you talk about golfers or race-car drivers, I don't want to see them run. It's the same if you were to meet a beautiful girl and go bowling. If she's an ugly bowler, you are going to be disappointed."

Re-read that last sentence. What does that mean? I need to consult the replay booth for further clarification...

2 comments:

Norman P. Orlando said...

I'd love to him him and Chieftain go toe-to-toe in that arguement

Simply Suds said...

Ichiro smokes pole.