Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Favorite Sox Team Since Big Mo and the Gator


The Boston Red Sox now have an 8 1/2 game lead in the AL EAST and are baseball's best team with a 26-11 record. Last night Dice-K was absolutely amazing. This is why we mortgaged the future around this guy. His stuff was electric, Fenway Park was crazy as hell, and the Detroit Tigers looked like the 2003 team that won 2 games in two months. Jim Leyland, who I respect as much as any manager in baseball (his knowledge of the game is second to none) said, "I was very impressed. He's the real deal." Dice-K baffled hitters with an unreal balance of mid 90's fastballs, a stupid curve ball, and an absolutely unhittable change up. And although certain individuals on this blog like to rip Matsuzaka, keep in mind he became only the fourth 5-game winner in the American League. That's not something to look past.

Are the 2007 Boston Red Sox perfect? Not by any means. Coco, Drew, Lugo, and Pedroia all need to step up their games in order for this team to reach its ultimate goal. But I'm telling you that by watching this team, I like it better than the World Series team. I'm glad Johnny Damon and Kevin Millar aren't making stupid comments after every win about cowboys, cavemen, and beards. This team shows up to the park, and just gets the job done. They just don't quit. Rallying from a 5-0 deficit the other night in the bottom of the ninth? That's when real teams show what they are made of.

After last night's shellacking of the Tigers, I hope the Red Sox went over to Tequila Rain and got weird until the sun came up. I hope someone paid for Kevin Youkilis to get laid, he's one ugly son of a b*tch. I hope Big Papi went home with 6 chicks and had the kind of orgy that even late night Skin-a-Max wouldn't even dream of airing at 1 AM. Keep up the good work fellas, I'll be blacking out on Yawkee Way very soon, and I expect a few more finger points out of you Manny. I'll yell so god damn loud at you again, that I pop the toddler's ear drums in front of me. What the hell does that kid have to hear for anyway? I'm doing him a favor so he doesn't have to listen to his own miserable, smug life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im going to murder coco crisp...i just thought id let everyone know that....hes as good as dead.