Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Moment of Truth



I'm dead serious...I can't sleep.

The NBA's draft order will be determined in 19 hours (on ESPN at 8:30).

Below, I have laid out the odds of which pick the Celtics are most likely to be granted (with the 2nd worst record, they are guaranteed to land one of the first 5 picks in the upcoming draft):
  • #1 overall -- 19.9% chance
  • #2 overall -- 18.8% chance
  • #3 overall -- 17.1% chance
  • #4 overall -- 31.9% chance
  • #5 overall -- 12.4% chance
...The more and more that I blankly stare at these odds, the more depressed I become. Not to get religious on all of you, but I'm pleading with the heavenly spirits above to help out with tonight's lottery. If the Celts land a 7'0" chinaman (with not a single low-post move in his arsenal), I won't be able to cope.

As Tommy Heinsohn is scheduled to represent the C's at the draft, he went on to say...“I think they picked me because I was the guy willing to take those hook shots from the corner in order to win a game. The odds weren’t always that good...but, you know, sometimes they went in."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were a knicks fan?

Anonymous said...

what are the odds on oden's prick being larger than 12 inches?

Anonymous said...

Thats a 7'5 Chinaman to you pal! Bring on the Chinaman!

Chieftain said...

Wrong! He's a 7'0" power forward -- not 7'5" (that's a myth).

Chieftain said...

And, supposedly...Jianlian is 23 years old (not 19), as it's presumed that he was born in 1983 (not 1987, as reported). HUGE difference! He's an immense risk, a long-term project, soft as baby sh*t, and he's older than most college grads. He defines the term "bust".

Anonymous said...

Screw you, I want the Chinaman

Simply Suds said...

If we don't get Oden or Durant, I'll take Yi. The Celtics could learn from the Red Sox and turn a Chinese export into some serious revenue...possibly to work some other deals, since they know they'll be making more loot.

They say he has more potential than Yao Ming....

All that being said, I don't know anything about basketball, nor would I care if the sport dissappeared from the planet tomorrow, so f all of you.

Anonymous said...

we could use a chinaman to mix up the color on the bench. too many darks.