Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'M SICK


Upon watching this draft lottery in a company box at Yankee Stadium...I walked to the nearest restroom, stuck my finger down my throat, exited The Stadium, and hailed a cab back to my hotel. This is one of the more depressing days of my life (the Celtics had an 87.6% chance to land any other pick than #5).

Did I mention that I walked out on some of the best seats I've ever had at any professional sporting event...without even saying goodbye to any of the partners I had traveled to the game with?

I expect Pierce to demand a trade in the coming months (trade him ASAP before his stock plummets even lower...it's already close to rock bottom). He knows he only has 2 peak seasons left in him. The Celtics won't be relevent for at least another decade. What's the point in holding onto him??? So, he can lead the almighty C's to the #8 seed?? Have you watched the playoffs this year? Do you realize how far away the Celtics are from even competing with these teams?? It's disgusting.

With the exception of Al Jefferson, blow this ENTIRE team up (management included).

In the next few months, you're going to hear much analysis and yahoo about what the Celts should do with #5 overall pick. If they don't trade it, there is ONLY ONE PLAYER WORTH DRAFTING AT THIS SPOT. ONLY ONE (realize this now, before spinning your wheels any further).

I don't want to hear about Yi Jianlian, Brandan Wright, or Al Horford. Please spare me the bullsh*t -- because if you mention them, then you obviously don't have a clue about creating a successful basketball franchise. ALL THREE OF THE AFOREMENTIONED PLAYERS ARE POWER FORWARDS. THIS IS THE ONLY POSITION WHICH THE CELTICS HAVE STABILIZED (in Jefferson). None of these 3 players can play center in the NBA. It's a wasted pick and wasted breath.

So, it comes down to Mike Conley, Jr. and Corey Brewer. Both lock-down defenders. Brewer can't play a lick of offense (which the C's will need once Pierce is shown the door)...Mike Conley, Jr. has Chris Paul-like potential (much further down the road).

The Celtics already have an abundance of swingmen. The Celtics don't have a PG...haven't had one in years! Please, please, please spare me the Rajon Rondo rhetoric...I'M BEGGING YOU. Rondo is just as fast...just as quick..........as, yes....you guessed it -- Marcus Banks (S-T-I-F-F). Both Rondo/Banks can defend any PG in the league, as long as it's on the perimeter. Both are undersized and lack physicality (are continuously pushed around when backed down into the paint). And, oh yeah...both are two of the worst shooters in the entire league. Both define inconsistency. The only difference? Rondo can penetrate -- which doesn't mean jack sh*t because teams can play off him and demand that he shoots the pill. Marcus Banks is/was a bust whereas Rajon Rondo should NEVER be a full-time NBA starter. NEVER. Take the blinders off and admit it...both Banks and Rondo suck! Don't believe me?? Then, you haven't watched the NBA in years.

So, there you have it...the Celtics must draft MIKE CONLEY, JR. There is no other viable option...NONE.

* If you revisit my post from over a month ago (on April 14th), this is what I had to say about Mike Conley, Jr......

My favorite player to watch in the entire draft. Calm, cool, and collected. Rarely ever makes a bad decision on the court. Lightning quick at both ends of the court. Clutch!

At the collegiate level, he was Ohio State's best player (and that is saying a TON, in-and-of itself). I may take some heat for saying this, but...Conley, Jr. is the second coming of Chris Paul -- their game's mirror each others, almost to a tee (Paul isn't much of an NBA 3-point threat either).

Many draft pundits go on to say that Conley lacks the shooting ability to become a stud in the NBA. I couldn't disagree more. Yes, Conley, Jr. struggled with his shot at the start of his freshman season -- and, he won't ever be Gilbert Arenas from behind the arc...but, he is VERY comfortable in knocking down the mid-range jump-shot (by the way, something that Rajon Rondo cannot do).


F********************CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring on Yi !!!

Anonymous said...

I almost killed myself last night in my bathroom after this draft. The only thing that saved me is that Manny found his home-run swing and smiz-oked the yankees. As the night went on I found even more optimism after watching Mussina's post-game interview where he proceeded to look like a deer in headlights. He didn't know what to say, didn't know what adjustments he had to make, nor did he know what direction to go in. He looked exactly like a toddler that just dropped his ice cream cone. So thank you god, for making the sox unbelievable....stick a fork in then Yankees. Clemens doesn't matter either, he'll get smoked too.

I hate the celtics