Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Big Game Day


In a attempt to diversify the sports coverage on this site and divert everyone's attention from the massacre that was the NBA draft lottery yesterday, I'd like to point out that one of the top five sporting events in the world is taking place today at 2:00 EST. Liverpool will face off against AC Milan today in the Champions League final. This is a rematch of the 2005 final where Liverpool pulled one of the biggest single-game comebacks in the sports history overcoming a 3-0 deficit at halftime to win the game on penalty kicks. These teams have a long history of having sick battles on the field and both teams have two of the most exciting players in the game, that being Stephan Gerrard and Kaka' on Liverpool and AC Milan respectively. If you have the chance, give it a try...you might like it.

As a side note, did anyone see the interview that Danny Ainge gave yesterday??? I found two things appalling in the interview. One, Ainge said he feels like a losing coach in a locker room of a team that just lost a playoff series. I wish it was that easy pal, this is waaaaaay worse. If that was the case, we would be in a lot better shape. Two, he said they already have a good nucleus of players!!!!!????? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? By no means did I watch every Celts game this year, but I feel my I did my part to watch many of the games and did not see a hint of a 'good nucleus'. I wanted to slap his fat, distorted face. I know this was supposed to be a post to get your minds off the Celts but I couldn't help myself.

No comments: