Monday, May 21, 2007

The Tribe Can Flat Out Rake


With their victory over the Cincinnati Reds yesterday, the Cleveland Indians improved to 16-4 at home this season, the best start in the 107 year history of the franchise. If you haven't had a chance to watch the Indians play this season, I suggest you should probably punch yourself in the face and do yourself another disservice. This team is young, energetic, and can flat out absolutely mash the hell out of the cover of a baseball. Sizemore, Peralta, Pronk Hafner, Victor Martinez, Josh Barfield, Casey Blake....and our old friend the "Dirt Dog" himself, Mr. Trot Nixon. That's a solid nucleus of a team that could be around to make noise for the next decade. Besides C.C. Sabathia (and Faustano Carmona as of late) the pitching is hit or miss, but with those aforementioned studs above providing enough offense each game, the Tribe is going to make a serious pennant push this year. This is the most excitement at Jacobs Field since "Wild Thing" Rick Vaughan and Wily "Mays" Hayes were bringing down the house in Major League. I've never been to Cleveland, and I'm sure I'll probably never go either....but if I did, you can pretty much put it on the board that I'd try to check out an Indians game. All I really need to have a good time is cold draft beer and 6 different types of processed meat. You got that, right Cleveland?

No comments: