Wednesday, April 25, 2007

It's Never Iffy, If It's Griffey


It's going to be a slow blog day for me, due to the fact that I have to go to work today like the rest of you mallets. But I'm up an at em' early...gonna get in a nice back workout for the ladies...then get these hands dirty landscaping God's green earth. Life is good. Kill me.

There were three baseball players I idolized growing up.

1) Mo Vaughn

2) Mike "The Gator" Greenwell

3) Ken Griffey Jr.

Now since the first two passed on to retirement long ago, I find it fitting to congratulate Mr. Griffey Jr. for his accomplishment last night. Ken Griffey Jr. hit career homer No. 564 on Tuesday, moving him past Reggie Jackson for 10th place on the all-time list.
Griffey's first homer came in his 54th at-bat of the season. He is now five homers behind Rafael Palmeiro and nine back of Harmon Killebrew on the career list.

Good for you, Ken. It's really a shame that you're such a pu$$y and get hurt all the time....because we'd be seeing a classy, modest baseball player shatter Hank Aaron's home run record, and instead we have to watch Mr. Roid Head crank out home runs left and right this summer as he takes the greatest record in all of sports. This infuriates me. Griffey's swing is magic. He's a role model to kids, but because he didn't hit the sauce....he had 56 untimely injuries, and thus, will not be able to take a shot at the record.

Just stating facts here, ladies and gentlemen. I can't always be talking about toddlers, overweight women, and how I didn't get laid last night.

No comments: