Thursday, June 28, 2007

Tony Gonzalez is a Man of The People


Tony Gonzalez isn’t getting married, but he is planning a “formal commitment ceremony” on July 20 in Huntington Beach, where he’ll pledge his love to girlfriend October Russell.

"We're not signing any papers," Gonzalez told her, "but I wanted the world to know that I love her and want to spend my life with her. I did it the best way for me."

Mr. Gonzalez, you and I feel exactly the same way. As the saying goes, "brilliant minds think alike". What purpose does marriage serve?? When married, do you automatically begin to love your significant other that much more?? NO!!!!! Marriage is a title which serves little-to-no purpose, other than future headaches (and from what I'm told, changes in behavioral patterns). Marriage is the accepted principle because it's the "norm". I've got news for ya...the people that make it big are the one's that do NOT follow the norm, instead they think outside the box. Quite frankly, the people that always follow the norm are FOLLOWERS. More often than not, these are the same people which live dull day-to-day lives.

I'm only assuming here, but it looks as if Gonzalez may have learned from some previous mistakes (he has a son from a previous relationship). Tony G, you've started a revolution...and I thank you for it.

If someone can somehow locate some photos of October Russell, feel free to drop us a line at thewincolumn@gmail.com. Your efforts are much appreciated!

No comments: