Thursday, May 3, 2007

They Should Invent a Reverse DH for Coco



I would like to apologize to all the blog readers for my rant last night. Surely not having enough alcohol in my system made me wacky....as I'm used to being blacked out at 2:30am, not dead sober. Of course, I still think you're all a bunch of mallets....but that's besides the point.

I seriously think they should invent a reverse DH for Coco, where he plays the field....but, we get an extra hitter. He looks like a lost soul at the plate, and his swing is just downright brutal. If he has two strikes on him, and there is two outs....I'm already getting my fat a$$ off the couch and making that grueling 13 yard walk to the fridge to grab another brew.

Coco's glove is a different story altogether. His catches both this year and last year have been absolutely stupid. Full extension, layin it on the line....no regard for throwin' his body around. I've attempted these catches in softball, and I look more like the chubby kid that tries to slide in baseball, but just belly flops...misses the catch, and then bounces of the earth as if it were a trampoline. Those catches hurt like a bastard sometimes.....I'll let you know when I actually snag one. Coco's catch off the bat of David Wright against the Mets last year is one of the greatest catches I have ever seen in my life.....not to mention it completely saved the game and got the Sox fired up for the next few weeks.

Hats off to Coco today. I've posted about how much I hate him...and I'm still hoping he's outta here sooner, rather than later, but I do enjoy watching him making Superman catches out in the outfield. But when he's at the plate...I'd rather watch a re-run of Small Wonder.

No comments: