Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Say It Ain't So, Paulie


After reading some of the blogs out there in the blogosphere (Bill Simmons' in particular) and talking to people in genera,l one of the more popular theories going into the final episode of the Sopranos is that Paulie Walnuts is going to be the downfall of Tony. I want to be clear that I did not come up with this theory before anyone jumps all over me, I'm just addressing and hoping to start a dialogue...

It makes sense though. The attempt on Phil's life was botched. Is it a coincidence that Paulie was the only senior member of the family that didn't get whacked? Although this would be a great end of the story and ultimately would result in 'good TV' on a completely 'getting caught up in the show' moment, I would be shocked and appalled by Paulie's actions. I realize he thought he was shown a lack of respect by Tony while he was in the clinker, which is consequently when he began to develop his relationship with Johnny Sack and ratted out Ralphie for making fun of Johnny's wife. But Johnny Sack isn't the boss of the family anymore and Phil is a two-faced, sh*tbum twerp.

I would be utterly floored if Paulie wound up being a no-good homo snitch. Through the years, Paulie has perpetuated every stereotype that is associated with being Italian and in the mafia, and for that I will always love him. Not to mention he's dropped some of the best 'one-liners' that show has ever heard. If you're looking to laugh your @ss off, click on the link below which will bring you to a sound-board of Paulie's best sayings throughout the show.....Enjoy!




Orlando

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this sound board is ridiculous, reminiscent of Joe Graham

Anonymous said...

that theory sucks...and i wil blame you for starting it...expect the unexpected...paulie gives his life for tony

Norman P. Orlando said...

I hope you're right my friend....I hope you're right

Simply Suds said...

Tony Soprano will ride off into the sunset.

Anonymous said...

I hope adriana comes back f*cks them all in that house they're staying in