Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The "Gay Bomb"


This story is quite ridiculous...so ridiculous that I am convinced that our own Norman Orlando was/is the leading influence behind such a tactic.

Pentagon officials on Friday confirmed to CBS 5 that military leaders had considered, and then subsquently rejected, building the so-called "Gay Bomb."

As part of a military effort to develop non-lethal weapons, the proposal suggested, "One distasteful but completely non-lethal example would be strong aphrodisiacs, especially if the chemical also caused homosexual behavior."

"The Ohio Air Force lab proposed that a bomb be developed that contained a chemical that would cause enemy soliders to become gay, and to have their units break down because all their soldiers became irresistably attractive to one another."

"The notion was that a chemical that would probably be pleasant in the human body in low quantities could be identified, and by virtue of either breathing or having their skin exposed to this chemical, the notion was that soldiers would become gay."

Re-read that last quote......"that soldiers WOULD BECOME gay". Is that sentence implying what I've always believed -- that one isn't NECESSARILY born gay! Think about it...why are there so many more homosexuals now than there were just a decade or so ago?? Correct me if I'm wrong...but when I was a 12-year-old, I wasn't watching two of the same sex kiss and cuddle in the eyes of the general public!!! Today??? It's so commonplace, it's sickening (at least to me...unless, of course, you look like Adriana Lima and Ana Beatriz Barros). I come from the old-school belief that "being gay" has become trendy (don't ask me why). I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that hundreds of thousands of more people (than before) all of sudden were born gay. You're telling me that this whole spectrum was in hiding before now??????

Just my rant of the day -- and if I offended anyone...tough $hit!!!


To read the entire article, follow the jump....

1 comment:

Norman P. Orlando said...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you didn't grow up in the most culturally diverse area and thus weren't exposed to a ton of people with different sexual orientation. Also, society as a whole was not as comfortable with the notion and therefore it was not 'in your face' as much as it is now. And what I mean by that is they didn't have shows like "Queer Eye" or "Will and Grace". People are evolving and therefore are more comfortable with it, and thats why you're seeing more.

Another idea is that you are the gayest heterosexual guy i know and therefore are extremely atractive to gay men.....just a thought...