Friday, November 2, 2007

Carmen Takes Halloween to the Next Level (NSFW)



Remember me...no?? Good - just the way I like it. Remember Carmen (a Win Column favorite since inception)?? Now we're talking.

Anyway, the primary reason I'm writing this post is because I promised Orlando that I would congratulate the Red Sox and Red Sox Nation on their recent World Series championship. To a million more "pink hat" fans...cheers. Was it wrong for me to wish San Diego's fires upon Lansdowne last Sunday evening?

It's probably no coincidence that I'm just now coming to grips with such fate - after all, the Celtics and Providence Friars begin their quest for dominance tonight.

In all honesty, these last few weeks have been a whirlwind. I was interviewed by CBS (Channel 2 in NY) minutes after the news that Joe Torre had rejected the Yankees' $5M (+ incentives) job offer. I was elated!! As I've said for 2 years now, Joe Torre was the worst possible manager for the New York Yankees job. The Yankees are in the midst of a youth movement. Newsflash! Joe Torre heavily favors veterans over any and all youngsters. Because Torre has made it his mission to destroy every pitcher's arm (now that Torre is a Dodger, I can only pray for Scott Proctor and his family), the "Joba Rules" were solely implemented as a defense to Torre's insanity. Torre is an awful in-game manager...he refuses to move runners along. Torre benched Gary Sheffield in the deciding game vs. the Tigers in the 2006 ALDS, the day after he batted the best baseball player on the planet (A-Rod) 8th!!! Are you kidding me???? Sheffield's presence and bat wiggle is enough to make Kenny Rogers crap himself on the mound! Torre's Yankees hadn't made it out of the 1st round of the playoffs in 3 consecutive years. Torre's Yankees hadn't won a championship in 7 years. That's $1.2 BILLION down the tubes. Where's the accountability??? Joe, I thank you for your efforts during your tenure - I loved you for years, but your time clearly expired.

Joe Girardi - step right up! What a ballsy hire...incredible hire. Passion, intensity, in-game management, film study. A new era -- a welcomed era!

Alex Rodriguez - for the past 4 years, I was your biggest fan. I defended you to death, no matter the struggles. Today, you are dead to me. You have genuinely and sincerely hurt me.

So, who plays 3B for the Yanks next year? None other than Robbie Cano. If the Yanks can sign Orlando Hudson to play 2B (defensive whiz with great bat control and plate discipline), Cano is the Yanks' 3B. You heard it hear first.

In order to avoid rambling, I need to cut this short (God, I have so much more I want/need to vent). However, I need to get something off my chest before signing off...WHO IS CORNSTARR??? Some of his stuff is funny -- but, I'm convinced Cornstarr is, in real life, "The Entertainer" from VH1's 'I Love New York'.

Will I be back for autographs? Who knows. But in the meantime, keep it gangsta...

6 comments:

Cornstarr said...

Woo! Chieftain returns to the Win Column, and I get his parting shot?! F*ck dude, I'm honored.

Anonymous said...

all hail the chief and founding father....god I hope he sticks around

Chieftain said...

All in good fun, Cornstarr. You bring solid contributions.

Norman P. Orlando said...

don't look now cornstarr, but I think Chief wants to french kiss you

Marone said...

oooh, look at Chieftain back on the block. Welcome back buddy! I don't want to sweat your return too much, so I'll say that you're still sniffing pickles, I'm sure. Glad to have you though, no doubt. Your "Was it wrong for me to wish San Diego's fires upon Lansdowne last Sunday evening?" line is classic. And my hunch is that Cornstarr is really just Norman posting under a different alias. Either way, good stuff.

The Manifesto Lives! Welcome back, Chieftain.

Norman P. Orlando said...

Its 10:19 and I haven't slept all night. I can barely see straight to write this but I assure you of two things....
1. This bud light is going down as easy as broken glass
2. Cornstarr exists in the flesh and is not in fact one of my multiple personalities struggling to get out.