Monday, July 2, 2007

Top 5 Things That Happened At The Sox Game


Tonight was no different than any other time I went to Fenway. Its a beautiful park with great fans...and every time I set a foot in that temple, I'm reminded why I am a Red Sox fan. If I may, I'd like to share a few notes from tonight with you:

1. The Boo Birds were out every time Slammin' Sammy stepped to the plate. Now, there may be some mixed emotions out there about this...but here's my thoughts. One, I think it goes without saying, he did steroids. I mean...5 years ago he looked like Mr. T in Rocky III. Nowadays, he looks like Webster. Two, he wouldn't be up for Comeback Player of the Year if he didn't have to leave the game due to being a jackass....in other words, I'm not too sure he should be rewarded for this.

2. Gabbard got a standing O when he left the mound in the sixth. 5.2 innings, 3 ER, and 5 strikeouts isn't outstanding, but I love how Red Sox Nation goes out of their way to support their own (especially after that last start). So stick a feather in your cap, Sox Nation...we need Gabbard and it'll do us good to keep his confidence up.

3. Jacoby Ellsbury is ridiculously fast. I didn't even know he stole second until I saw it on the centerfield screen. And guess what....neither did anybody else! Seriously. Sorry Coco, but it looks like you're out of a job.

4. The hot girl that I was sitting next to kept touching me with her leg. Not only that, but when Hinske ripped that triple and everyone jumped up, she stumbled and kind of fell into me so I had to catch her. F*ck you for judging me...anyways, that leads me to my next point.

5. Didn't it feel extra good seeing Hinske have a great night? Just to echo Suds' sentiments in his previous post (http://thewincolumn.blogspot.com/2007_05_13_archive.html) ..... but good for you, Hinkse. In limited playing time, you keep reminding us that you still have a trick or two up your sleeve. Not only that, but he keeps reminding us that the Sox are ridiculously sick and they have a bench deeper than Gina Lynn's c*nt.

Orlando

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well said norman