Friday, July 6, 2007

The Best Pitcher In Baseball as of July 6th, 2007


That's right, I said it. You have a problem with that? I don't really see how you could, unless you live in a cave or have a mushroom tattoo stamped on your forehead. Your AL All-Star Game starting pitcher has some serious stats.....

12-2
3.44 ERA (which is exceptional for an AL East pitcher)
92 K's in 102 innings pitched

Of course, I could bore you with some WHIP or K/BB stats...but let me tell you, you don't need them. Beckett is taking the mound this season with a purpose. He is completely locked in and lights out when he grabs the ball every 5th day. I'm glad I have degenerate friends that put $100 on Beckett last night to possibly lose $300....but, it really was a no-brainer bet. Combine that with the fact they probably had already had 12 Bud Lights....they probably would have bet on the over/under on Hazel Mae's bra size. I'd like $50 on the over, please.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And then he wins the ALCS and World Series practically all by himself. He's a monster.